Avia-GIS – Spatial analyst
Avia-GIS is a leading company specialized in the collection, processing and analysis of spatial data in the field of animal and human health. Innovation at an internatiol level are part of the culture of our company.
As spatial analyst you will become a member of our dynamic RTD team. Your main tasks will be to perform spatial analyses using statistical and machine learning techniques and to contribute to the development of software solutions for data collection and health risk management
- You analyze, review and ensure accuracy and quality of data.
- You produce high quality maps for reports and presentations.
- You provide technical assistance in using GIS and spatial modelling.
- You apply a variety of modelling techniques to conduct Species Distribution & Abundance Modelling and make risk maps.
- You report on project progress and collaborate on writing proposals and reports for RTD projects.
- You aid in writing technical documentation, e.g. develop manuals & tutorials for our software.
- You train end-users and trainers in using our software and how to perform spatial analyses in different domains (epidemiology, risk management, ecology,..).
- At least one year of professional experience using GIS software to produce data and map products is preferred, but not required.
- You have an analytical mind that likes to come up with new solutions.
- You like to work independently as well as in a team.
- You are well organised and driven to meet deadlines.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- In-depth knowledge of GIS software, e.g. ArcMap or QGIS
- Strong spatial data management and cartographic skills
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis and modelling tools
- Good knowledge of scripting languages, e.g. R
What we offer you
- A young vibrant environment in a growing company
- Many opportunities to grow and develop
- Attractive salary and fringe benefits
This vacancy will remain open until it is filled.