REDD / Forest Specialist - Remote Sensing Applications:
Your task :
You lead and participate in the design and implementation of remote sensing and GIS projects in the REDD+ context.
- You support the different project teams in the development and the execution of projects by ensuring group cohesion, coordination and collaborations
- You monitor the projects’ performance and quality.
- You evaluate REDD-related market opportunities and participate in the proposal as the expert in forest monitoring.
- You determine the policy (commercial, technological,...) with the company Management .
Your profile :
- PhD or Master/Ing., in Geography, Bio-engineering, Environmental Sciences, with relevant experience in REDD.
- More than 5 years of experience in technics and technologies of geospatial information (spatial modeling, GIS, Remote Sensing)
- Preference for candidates with experience in forest activity monitoring or tropical forestry. Good knowledge of REDD policies and the REDD operational framework is a plus.
- Experience in project management/coordination
- Working knowledge of French and English. Dutch is a plus.
- Enjoying teamwork and willing to work with a young, motivated and dynamic team.
- You live in Belgium
We offer :
- A permanent function in Wemmel (near Brussels) and Namur
- A unique chance to further expand your skills in the fascinating world of “remote sensing applications”.
- An international and technological working environment.
- Occasional missions and other opportunities abroad (conferences, meetings ...)
How to apply :
Only by letter or email in English (with CV and photo) to :
Martine Gielens, secretary to the managing director firstname.lastname@example.org